This episode of podmissum features Dr. Anne Marie Albano, who is an associate professor of clinical psychology in psychiatry and director of the Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center. In 2001 Dr. Albano was named a Beck Institute Scholar. She is an associate editor of the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology and she is the president of the Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology of the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Albano helps children, adolescents, and adults who struggle with anxiety and depression to master their concerns and embrace life's challenges instead of fearing them. She is the author of the book You and Your Anxious Child: Free Your Child from Fears and Worries and Create a Joyful Family Life. Dr. Albano conducts clinical research, supervises the research and clinical development of postdoctoral fellows in psychology and psychiatry, and is involved in advanced training of senior level clinicians in the application of cognitive behavioral approaches to diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Albano was invited to speak at Trinity on the morning of 29 April 2014 as a guest of the health and parenting committee of the Parents’ Association. She spoke about helping children cope with anxiety and took questions from an audience of Trinity parents.
To listen to this episode
- Click on the "pod" icon in the upper left, to the left of the episode title.
- Click on the hyperlink below, to the right of the text "Direct Download."
You may follow Podmissum
- On iTunes
- By clicking on the RSS icon at the bottom of the right column, below the word Syndication.
iOS and Android App
- Purchase the app for iOS (download Podcast Box and purchase Podmissum in-app).
- Purchase the app for Android that you may download to your device.
Direct download: 050414_AnneMarieAlbano-kb01.mp3
-- posted at: 10:00am PST